Pages

logo designed by emmao creative, contactable at emmaocreative@live.com.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I May As Well Rename The Blog "Peanut Butter Jar"

So what?

I like peanut butter, you like peanut butter; it works for us really.

Before I give you a new recipe I just have to vent my disgust in the Kraft Peanut Butter company. I didn't think they'd be able to disappoint me, but they have. And it is just simply simply simply awful.

Light Peanut Butter.
It. Is. A. FARCE.


It's texture is that of sand and hardened toothpaste. It tastes as though they have sucked out all of the butter and all of the oil, and pumped the bad boy full of sugar and salt. Not only that, it leaves a slight aniseed taste at the back of your throat once you manage to choke it down (if you get that far) and if you're anything like me and you hate licorice, you don't appreciate your peanut butter tasting like allsorts. It ain't creamy. It ain't worth the 200 less kilojoules. It. Is. FOUL.



Moving on, I used real quality smooth yummy irresistable peanut butter for this recipe for Peanut Butter Blondies and you will just die! I adapted the recipe from Jamie Oliver, adding some cinnamon and more chocolate chips really gave them that zing you need. I also changed the amounts of sugar; I prefer more brown sugar than white, it makes them caramelly. Watch they don't burn though...Enjoy!

PEANUT BUTTER BLONDIES


Ingredients



1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons of smooth or crunchy peanut butter. (I'm partial to smooth...)
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
Couple of pinches of cinnamon
As many chocolate chips or chunks in it as you want!


How Do I Do It Maaaan?


Preheat oven to 175 degrees. Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan with a whole heap of butter then dust with flour. If you're not familar to this method of non-stickage, just line the tin with baking paper.


In a medium bowl, cream together peanut butter and butter. To this mix, blend in your sugars, eggs (one at a time) and the vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir your wet into your dry until you have a just formed gooey mass of goodness. Add your chocolate chips. I advise eating some as you do this. Waste not want not.


Bung it in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the top springs back when touched. Cool and then chow down babeh.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment