Pages

logo designed by emmao creative, contactable at emmaocreative@live.com.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Yum Yum in Ma Tum

Sooooooo I was suffering from a case of insomnia and decided that deliriously baking would entertain me and hopefully soothe my savage non-sleeping beast.

I needed something satisfying; what was I to bake?

It was all too tempting to cook something that smelt and tasted warm, homey and simply fufilling so I decided on banana muffins.

But! I had a dilemma!

No recipes I had found previously had proved effective in delivering an epic banana muffin. Nothing is more disappointing than a failed muffin.

They so easily let you down when they're dodgy; isn't that feeling of dry muffin sticking to the roof of your mouth enough to make you gag? I believe there is a phobia of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth. "Arachibutyrophobia".

I hereby rename it to "Arachimuffinophobia" (Arachi - sounds like an important prefix...)

So I sourced a recipe for apple and cinnamon muffins that had proved me well in the past and adapted it to make my own brand spanking new recipe for banana and coconut muffins. Thar she blows.

Banana and Coconut Muffins


Ingredients

3 cups self raising flour
1 cup plain flour
1 cup sugar
Cinnamon
2 and a half mushy, ripe-ripe-ripe bananas (If you want to plan for the perfect banana muffin, put your bananas in the fridge for a couple of days to make them go all mushy and awesome.)
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
2 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1 half cup apple and guava juice (or the juice of your choice)
Vanilla Essence
Flaked Almonds (for topping)


Method

Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
Combine your dry ingredients together then gradually add all of your wet ingredients to the massive dry mix. Don't overmix so you get this mixture that's so smooth it looks like a massive banana diarrohea; lumps are okay in this muffin recipe. :)
Grease your muffin tins with lots of butter or non-stick cooking spray and divide the mix evenly. Sprinkle your flaked almonds on top of each one. 
Bake them for 30 minutes or until the skewer test shows they're cooked the whole way through!
Eat them warm with a bit of butter melted into them. Nothing is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment