We are not just a food magazine; we are fashion, we are lifestyle and we are music.
We are also people's say, and we like to have an opinion on everything, so if you're into that, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. :)
Nuff of that. More of this!
How gorgeous are these babies? New kid on the block Tristan Blair is certainly making us toss our cookies over these fan-fucking-tastic little booties he's spitting out this season. Link to his site at http://www.tristanblair.com to froth over some more heavenly ankle huggers you will have no hesitation over buying. :)
Also, as a part of this post, we're giving you our favourite recipe for the figure conscious. That's right, we know we know. We can't keep giving you cookie and cakes and fashion at the same time, it just seems cruel.
BROWN AND WILD RICE SALAD WITH DRIED CRANBERRIES
What you need:
120mL brown rice
55mL wild rice (you can source this in your local organic store or speciality supermarket; though Coles is fancy nowadayz....)
25g dried cranberries
1 dessertspoon flavourless oil (such as sunflower)
1 small red apple
2 spring onions
You can send this salad out naked, but if you like your salad with substance....
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp mustard powder (you can also use your fave mustard such as dijon...mmm dijon...)
1 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
***Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius. This is for toasting the walnuts later in the method.***
1. Heat oil and add wild rice. Pour 120mL boiling water over this and add salt. Stir, cover and cook gently for as long as she takes baby.
2. Repeat this process with the brown rice except add 240mL of boiling water.
3. Stir and mash all your dressing ingredients together and then chuck in the fridge until you need it.
4. Toast the walnuts by putting them on a baking tray lined with baking paper and brush lightly with oil. Leave them in for around 8 minutes.
5. Chop up the rest of your salad ingredients and mix all the components together.
6. Add your dressing and it is showtime!